Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Emotional Roller Coaster Today!

Today has been a big day for me. 

I was like one of my Kindergartners this morning - I couldn't wait to get over to Convention to see my Artisan Finalist board.  Here are photos we took (I can finally share because it's not top secret anymore) of my work on display.



While I was looking at the board, I talked to Mindi (another Artisan Finalist) who told me she learned in a letter from the awards booth that she wasn't one of the ten.  That made me become really nervous, but we were headed to the home office so I didn't have time to go to the awards booth.  While on the bus, I started feeling really emotional - worrying about getting the same letter.

We had a good time at the home office - looking at lots of great artwork and touring the place where all of the goodies I use everyday come from.  My new friend LJ wrote the coolest quote on the wall (they have a meeting room that has all white markerboard walls - how cool is that?)


I also took photos of many beautiful cards, projects, and displays.  Here are my top three from the home office:



I can't finish this post without sharing food photos.  We went to the Blue Lemon for breakfast this morning - I ordered an omelet and it even came with a bowl of fruit for about $5!


With the busy day, we didn't get to eat lunch until late so we enjoyed a late lunch/early dinner at my favorite place to eat when I'm in Salt Lake City - Jason's Deli.  I had the Plain Jane Baked Potato.  There is nothing Plain Jane about this potato.


By the way, when I did finally go to the awards booth, I got a letter saying I wasn't one of the top ten either.  I have to admit I was a little disappointed, but after seeing the work of the other Finalists, I'm so honored to be one of the top twenty.  When I told my husband, he just said "There's always next year."  He knew exactly what to say to his overly competitive wife - I love him so much!

Now I have to choose my $250 in Stampin' Up! product and start thinking about my entry for next year!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that you did not make it to the design team. Your projects were very nice; I love the dress! I also liked your friend's quote. I'm a math teacher. Would she mind if I used it in my classroom? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you didn't make the top ten Amy but Congrats again on making the top 20. Your work is amazing! Your hubby is right, this year was to test the waters, next year you will swim with the sharks! You should be very proud of your accomplishment(s). You are also a great "Boss", lol. I appreciate all of your help, support, and most of all, the items you loan me whenever I show up, or am in a pinch.

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. My friend says "yes, you may use her quote in your classroom".

    ReplyDelete