Thursday, August 9, 2012

2012 Artisan Finalists Blog Hop - Day 1

Welcome to the 2012 Artisan Finalists Blog Hop!  We are so excited to share our projects with you!  It still takes my breath away to know that I was chosen as one of this year's Artisan Design Team Finalists. I feel so blessed to have my projects picked along with so many talented ladies.

Every day for the next ten days each of us will be posting a new project.  I hope you have fun checking out our projects. I had the opportunity to see the projects in real life at convention, but now I get to find out how they were made and maybe hear some interesting stories along the way.

Our blog hop of nine Artisan Finalists makes a complete circle. It doesn't matter where you start, just be sure that each day you visit all nine blogs to be inspired by these incredibly talented ladies. I am sixth on the list, but since we are making a circle, you may have arrived here from Sandie Conner's blog - wasn't her project great - I can't believe all of the wonderful embossing and techniques she used!!!

For my first project I would like to share a fun card.

Stamps:  Bright Blossoms, A Word For You
Paper:    Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Vellum Cardstock
Ink:        Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise, Marker:  Basic Black
Other:    1 3/4" Circle Punch, 3/16" Brights Brads, 3/16" Metallic Brads, Brights Designer Buttons, Basic Jewels, Stapler & Staples, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Each of the cardstock strips is 7/8" wide attached at the top with a staple and torn at the bottom for a rough edge.  I attached the strip of vellum with two silver brads.  I stamped the stem and flower, punched it with my circle punch, and then added a button, brad, and jewel for added interest.


That's my project for today, now hop on over to see Mercedes Weber's amazing teacup 3D project at Paper Creations by Mercedes.  If you get lost along the way or if some of the links get broken, you can refer to this list for a direct link to each blog.  Have fun and happy hopping and be sure to check back for the next nine days for more terrific projects!

        9.  Mindy Bingamon

4 comments:

  1. Amy, I love the bright and cheerful feel of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Amy! I love all the different embellishments on your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and fun card, Amy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooh, AMY! I LOVE the vellum over those stripes and the flowers are so pretty! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete