Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Got To Salt Lake City

I had a very smooth trip to Salt Lake City and I went for a light lunch with my friend Susan - a really yummy salad.


After unpacking (look how fun all of my dresses look hanging in the closet - I'm going to have trouble deciding which one to wear each day), I joined a group of friends for dinner at The Melting Pot. We had the most incredible dinner - look at the pictures below.

Here is the waitress starting the cheese fondue for us to start with - we dipped bread, vegetables, and chips.
The second course was salad - everyone shared some wonderful salads.
Next, she started a cooking pot and added vegetables -mushrooms, red potatoes, broccoli.

She brought out plates of meet - steak, chicken, seafood, ravioli, etc. and gave us instructions on how long to cook each.

We finished the night off with dessert. We picked Dark Chocolate and Bananas Foster. She also brought us plates of the most decadent treats to dip in them. There were bananas, pound cake, rice krispy treats, strawberries, marshmallows, and cheesecake. Even though our bellies were full, we couldn't stop eating.

If you ever get a chance to go to The Melting Pot, take it. It was a little pricey, but well worth it!!!

I will post pictures of my favorite swaps from each day during Convention. I haven't swapped any cards yet - Convention activities start tomorrow. However, a very talented stamper named Kirsteen brought some samples to dinner with her (some she had made and some from a shoebox swap she participated in). I took photos of my favorites (unfortunately I don't know who to give credit to).

This beautiful flower pot actually folds flat and fits in an envelope - I can't wait to try making one of these!!!

I love this stand-up card made using the scallop circle die and punches.

Here is a fun fold card made using the new Pennant Parade stamp set and coordinating punch.


Hope you enjoyed my post for today. Keep checking back for lots more photos and fun over the next few days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment