Thursday, July 14, 2011

First Official Day of Convention

First, I'll share two of my favorite swaps from today.

The first is a very vintage look from my friend Jenny Peterson - it uses one of the new Designer Frames Embossing Folder, Crumb Cake Seam Binding, and Precious Butterflies (hostess set).

The next card was designed by Jacque Craig and uses the new My Friend stamp set, Beautiful Wings Embossing Folder, and Rhinestones.

There were exciting announcements at the general session today about new products coming in the upcoming Holiday Mini. One is a new scoring tool that I can't wait to order. I'm sure it will quickly become one of your favorite tools!

The most innovative product they announced today was a new cookie stamp set that will become available on October 1st. They served us cookies made with this product at lunch today. I can't wait to get my hands on the cookie stamps and use them with the students in my Kindergarten class.
Here is our entire group at lunch today It is fun to get together with my stamping friends for a few days every summer. I'm enjoying my time here so much - it doesn't seem like I had been here less than 48 hours when this photo was taken. I had just eaten my 7th meal since I arrived.

So here is the 8th meal. We went to Bayleaf Cafe for dinner and I enjoyed the Chicken Skewers - it was fabulous!!! I took photos of everyone's dinner and may end up posting them at some point, but it is getting late.

Even though I was stuffed, I had to order the Waffles and Ice Cream so we could all have a taste for dessert. Isn't it beautiful?

Here we are all digging in...

and then I am taking a big bite. Yum, yum, yum.

We went straight from dinner to Awards Night. Look at the backdrop on the stage - stunning.

My friend Missy Shipman earned Founder's Circle by being one of the top 100 Demonstrators of the Year. She actually placed #64. However, that wasn't the best news of the night. She was chosen as a member of the Advisory Board! She was completely surprised and taken off guard, but thoroughly delighted!

Well, off to bed - early morning. I'll try to post again after activities tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment