Thursday, July 18, 2013

First Day of Convention

Today was the first day we had any activities for convention.  We started with a swap of 1 1/2" squares to use to make a framed art project.  Although I will wait to share until the project is finished, I am very excited about all of the cute squares!


After our swap, we drove out to the home office for a tour.  I would love to work at Stampin' Up! because the atmosphere is so inviting.  Check out the area where employees eat lunch (yes that is a waterfall in the building).  Amber and I are having an amazing time.

 
I got these shoes at the Salvation Army for $4.99 on the 4th of July.  I think it was the BEST purchase I ever made.  I've had so many compliments on them.  So far so good with walking on these high heals.
 

We went to Jason's Deli (my favorite spot in Salt Lake City to eat) for dinner before the Opening Social.  Amber and I both decided to tackle the "Plain Jane Potato".


This was what was left when I finished it.  If we had a Jason's Deli near home, I would be as big as a house! 



We had to rush back to the Convention Center for the Opening Social where we received our bags, free stamps, project supplies, and more.  Lines were long, but we were able to participate in a world record breaking card mailing, a community service project, got a Paper Pumpkin kit, and found fun photo opportunities.  Check us out in the "scenery" and with Ronald McDonald!

No comments:

Post a Comment